Monday, May 26, 2008

My niece is visiting

I went and got her today, and she will be here for a week. She is two years older than Raine, but so is Raine's best friend, and they get along (obviously) very well. Shelbi, however, has different interests than Raine, and sometimes they have a hard time deciding what to do together. Other times, no problem at all. I'm glad she can come visit, and the two girls can spend time together. Hopefully that will help them have a good relationship when they are older. This world can be a tough place without people to depend on, and family is usually a good place to start.

I have plans for the girls, of course. I'd like to do some crafts with them, and I still want Raine to work on her letters. I'll have to think about something for Shelbi to work on, but I'm sure I can find something. We'll go to the park, and maybe to the movies, and definitely work on having fun. In some ways, and at some times, it is easier with two kids. At others, it can be more work, like when they BOTH want your attention. I'm sure that's not news to folks with more than one child, and really, its not news to me, either. I'm hoping I can start on my own organizing while they are busy with other things, but who knows when that "extra-attention" time is going to come up.

It is nice to have my niece around though. I would like to see her more often, and more casually than we get to, but things are what they are. She is a good kid - as much as any of them are - and I love her.

No comments: