Tuesday, December 23, 2008

could it be?

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I think I'm basically ready. Can that be right?

I mean, I have more gifts to craft... but then I could never be done with that. Still, I've told several people that I would make them this or that, just don't expect it on Christmas Day. Raine has been waiting so patiently for a dragon - well, patiently for a 5-year-old, which sometimes isn't very - so hers is next on the list.Then I have 2 or 3 more to make. I finally decided that hers should be a lava dragon. I almost kept the fire dragon for her, but lava, how cool is that? I think she'll really like that. I read up on blocking - as in blocking a knitted project. The scarf I made really wants to roll up. What I read said, get it wet, lay it out like you want it and let it dry... hmmm I'm trying it, but...

So Christmas Eve. One of the traditions that my family created was the Christmas Eve potluck. A true potluck, everyone was supposed to bring their favorite dish, and if it was all dessert, then that was what we ate. Of course that never happened, not with my family. But the mix of food was always eclectic, and yummy. My dad and Lynda had the party after they got married, but now with Dad gone, and Lynda not feeling well, it kind of moves around. Oh, I'm willing to hostess, but the living areas in my house are not large, and there is not that much comfortable seating. This year, Roxanne is hosting. We've been considering our dishes to take. I think I am going to bring several kind of dips, and stuff to dip into it. I'll mix some blue cheese with some cream cheese. I'm thinking something cheese dip-py and maybe another cream cheese mixture with either olives or artichokes. I've got celery, carrot, bell pepper, and snap peas, along with some crackers and some cocktail bread to spread the goodies on. I love stuff like that, little muchy, dippy stuff.

Then there is the question of Ron's sister, and her husband. When I talked to her at Thanksgiving, she said they wanted to come down for Christmas, and they are welcome. They had some car issues and I guess some phone issues as well. I haven't heard from them finalizing any plans. When I tried to call them, I got a message about the wrong code... hmmm. I just had a thought on that. I'll try an e-mail, but I don't want to call this late.

For all you out there. Have a really enjoyable holiday. Don't get stressed if it isn't perfect, THAT is what makes the memories. Yeah, the good memories, if you can let it. Enjoy your time with your friends and your families, and with yourself, if that is your choice.

No comments: