Wednesday, October 8, 2008

pretty happy

At the moment. Several nice things have happened this evening. OK, none of them are earth shattering, but then I live a simple life full of non-drama.

So, here it is: cooked another pie. Had crust and filling left over from last week, and I actually got them put together and in the oven. Yay me. Punkin pie.

Got to play Warhammer with Ron. Only for about an hour, but we got some questing done and each made it to 4th level. Hey! we're just starting here! None of that sniggering...

I've been able to keep writing, as well. That is an accomplishment for me. I work a little on it each day. I know I'll be slow for a while, but the creative ideas are coming, and I'm loving it! Heck, I'm even planning ahead what I should write!!! That's a step for me...

Finally, I got an e-mail from one of my cousins. I haven't talked to her in I-don't-know-when. Used to really enjoy hanging out with her when we were growing up, but we never got much time to do it, and things being things, we've just gone on with our lives. She lost her mom recently, and I was sorry to hear that. She and I are kind of in that same boat, losing both our parents. Maybe she was more ready for it than I was, but I kind of doubt it. I don't think most people are ever ready for it. Anyway, I was really glad to make a re-connection there.

So, I feel like it's been a good day, even though there are things that I didn't get done. Sorry Ra, I didn't get there today and I really wanted to. I'm glad, so glad you got home. I'll see what I can do about bringing you some PIE.

No comments: