Friday, March 21, 2014

whew!

So much for my plans to post here more often. I have been stretched this semester, teaching, planning for and grading for 3 different classes. It is keeping me busy, I'll tell you that much. I don't have a lot of creative thought left over after work. This coming week is spring break, however, and I hope to get a lot of the planning taken care of for the rest of the semester, and some of the prep work, too... or at least the prep of the prep, if you know what I mean...

Other things have been going on as well. A couple of elderly cousins have needed some time this past month, and I have been blessed to be able to help them out some. I grew up with these cousins (my dad's first cousin and her husband) around and beloved. Still it takes time, and energy.

I see you!!! 


We did take the time to go to Tucson, so we could enjoy Wild Wild West Con 3 at Old Tucson. It was fun again this year. We missed Abney Park, as one of the bands, but Professor Elemental was back, as was Steam Powered Giraffe. There were other bands and entertainment as well. The children's activities were stepped up this year, and Raine and Ana created some awesome cardboard robots, and some fun bug-eye goggles.

Very creative and fun cardboard robots
We also did some make and take activities for adults... except that Raine seemed to make out like a bandit on the pouch making. It required a new belt as well.

ta da! we made it!
So there were the months of February, and March (so far) around here.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow, couldn't figure out the googles until I enlarged the pic - very cool indeed. The robots were awesome to - did they have a kit they worked from. The belt as well was very fashionable. Maybe something to think about for PopPop for Christmas this year??????? Looks like everyone had a great time this year.