Wednesday, July 25, 2012

skirting the issue

I've been wanting a denim skirt for a while. You know, because I'm always wearing skirts. uh, huh. Anyway, I have been wanting one. I got fabric for one, and everything. It's been sitting in a project bag for a while, waiting patiently for its turn.

Last week, I found a nice, tiered denim-ish skirt in Cato. It was my size, and $12 on sale. I got it, of course. Do you think that satisfied my need for a denim skirt? (you know, because I'm always wearing skirts) No. It did not.

So, this week, I pulled out that bag and got out that fabric - a very soft, denim-y, light blue denim - out and found a pattern that I wanted to use for the skirt, and got to cutting. The skirt has a simple yoke, with panels that grow fuller to the hem. I like that full sweep, and a longer length, like ankle or close to it.

There was also a blue leafy print fabric in the bag that was perfect for a tunic top to go with the skirt. Yeah, I cut that out, too. Today I sewed on both for a while. Almost have the skirt finished, and the top will go pretty quickly as well.

New clothes for a new job, right?

No comments: