Sunday, October 6, 2013

to sleep, perchance...

Dreams are interesting things. I often have very lively ones. I don't know that I believe that my dreams tell me "the future" or anything like that, but I do think they give me some insight on the state of me, as a person.

First there are the stress dreams. Mine are usually set at work, with students in the classroom, waiting for me, and probably an administrator. But I'm wandering through a maze of hallways, and sometimes even buildings, knowing the bell has all ready rung, and I should BE THERE, but I just can't find it.

Often, these merge into the you-better-wake-up-and-pee dreams, where I'm wandering through endless bathrooms where the stalls have no doors, or no toilets, or there seems to be random people wandering through, or you just couldn't possibly stand to do anything in THAT. Once, I walked into a public restroom that was so bad I had that moment of wondering if I was in one of those dreams. I wasn't, but I found a different restroom...

The other night - morning really - I dreamed I was staying after school, which I often do. There were several students who had work to do, and they were there working on it (I should have known that was a dream). I was just sitting down at my desk thinking, "now I can really get some work done" when someone came in and said, "Hey! We are having a meeting, and you need to come to it!" I tried to protest, but no, I had to go to that meeting. (can you sense what I'm frustrated about this year? HA!) When I walked out into the hall, there were people setting up a few tables in the hall for the meeting. Right about then, my alarm went off. NOOoooo! I protested, I'm all ready at work! No such luck.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I know how you feel. Dreams are your ONE escape in life, then you wake up and, BOOM! it's ruined. 😢