Monday, November 25, 2013

yes, i know

Well, sometimes it is silly things that stop one from blogging. You see, I lost my camera on my recent vacation. I'm sure someone else has it now, but it's only because I left it in a hotel room after we checked out. Sigh. I miss it. Fortunately I have most of the photos off the memory  card, so I'm not devistated that I lost photos, only photo ops. Like the rest of the vacation, and everything since then.

What is it about doing something like that that takes you back to being a kid again, and not responsible enough for "nice things." And - indeed - perhaps I am not. I know I am prone to distraction and walking away from items. I don't carry my laptop many places for that reason.

Anyway, what does that have to do with writing? Except that I can't add photos. Because I can't take them. Because the camera is gone. Even if I don't add a photo every time, what if I wanted to? Wow, it sounds like a lot of excuses to me. And - of course - it is.

So here is one thing. The DVD of "The World's End" came out recently. You know, the latest from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. We didn't get to it in the theater, but there it was at Sam's, so of course it came home with me. Ron and I watched this evening, and we laughed and enjoyed. Yes, we did. I don't want to do spoilers, but it was and it wasn't what we expected. Simon and Nick had both leaned down/shaped up some. There were some good guest faces. Some sort of expected, and others not. Did I mention that we laughed? Yeah, more than once. If you are fans of the Simon Pegg, Nick Frost team, this is definitely another movie for your collection.

No comments: