Saturday, September 17, 2011

cleaning up the mess

Ron and I are working on cleaning up the messes we've made in our relationship. It will take time, and effort and patience, but we've made a start of it, and the first step is often the most difficult.

I'm working on the house, as well. I was actually frightened and disgusted at the amount of dust and debris in our bedroom. I've been cleaning a little at a time, but today I moved the bed around, and picked up the rugs. Oh My Goodness. Good thing no one but me was looking! Ack!

But I got a lot of laundry done, including some things that don't get washed every week, and evidently hadn't been washed in WAY TOO LONG. Things will feel better as this kind of cleaning gets done through the computer room, and the living room as well. I think the house was showing the effects of the stagnation, too. (and one of the ways I know that it wasn't JUST Ron, if you know what I mean)

I'm trying not to do too much at one time, but setting a goal and puttering around it, which is my favorite way to face those kind of chores. I've been making good progress there, too.

No comments: