Wednesday, September 28, 2011

fun art

Last Saturday, Raine and I had some artistic inclination, and inspiration and we went out in the front yard to paint. I took my craft paints - inexpensive acrylics mostly, sponge brushes, and some empty toilet paper tubes to play with.

The best part, though were the leaves. First I picked up a couple, thinking I would brush paint around the edges to make a leaf shape. Eh, OK, but not wow. Then I got to thinking, well, why not use it for a stamp, so i tried that, with a slightly watered down paint. It worked pretty well. Well enough for me to look around for a few different sizes of leaves to play with. Raine liked the look of that, too, and tried it out with a few different colors.

Then, oh then, we tried painting the backs of the leaves! They were beautiful! We let the paint dry and brought them in with the rest of our treasures thinking we would make collages from what we had made. We haven't gotten to those yet, but the leaves still look really cool!

1 comment:

Fran said...

I LOVE THAT! Seriously, I love that! I have a total weakness for leaves and anything leafy -- just ask Lillian.

Oh, that makes my heart happy. Thank you for sharing!