Tuesday, March 26, 2013

my house is a mess...

And it's my fault. There is fabric all over the living room, and patterns strewn about. There is more of both in the computer room, where the cutting out table is set up.

Cutting out stuff is my least favorite part of sewing. My solution? Cut a bunch of stuff out at a go, and then go through the stack as the opportunity arises. Then, when I want to sew, I have something to sew, NOT something to cut out. It works for me.

One of the things I don't like about cutting things out is all the moving pattern pieces around and getting them to fit. All the measuring to make sure the garment will fit. All the folding the fabric one way to cut out these pieces and folding it another to cut out those.

Yeah, and hand is going to be a bit sore tomorrow from the ironing, and the squeezing the squirt bottle. I prefer spraying the fabric with water while ironing instead of dealing with the dripping and spilling of steam.

So, I got some of Raine's summer clothes cut out... a pair of shorts and a pair of pants, a pair of pajamas and one of the shirts. That leaves another pair of pants, 2 pair of shorts and one more shirt. I'll probably get another shirt cut out before I go to bed. I need to go back to the fabric store for more red fabric. She's too tall to get a pair of shorts out of one yard of fabric any more. It takes 2 and a half for a pair of pants!

Notice I didn't even get to the pieces I want to make for myself? Yeah I noticed that, too...

No comments: