Thursday, October 21, 2010

thurdsay not friday

I wanted it to be Friday today. All day. But, no.

Tomorrow morning I go to parent/teacher conference with Raine's teacher. Raine is still having behavior issues, and I'll take Raine with me, so that we can ALL talk about them, and the consequences, and everyone will know what everyone said, and will know that everyone knows.

On the other hand, I've heard and seen evidence of Raine's learning. It's like she leveled up in reading this week. We read for 15-30 minutes in the evening, once she gets ready for bed. I could tell she was at a thresh hold because her reading had changed some. She would read a phrase 3 or 4 times, trying to get a feel for it. Then, this week, magic. Where we were reading 1 chapter in 15-20 minutes, now we are reading 2 in the same amount of time. We read 4 chapters two nights in a row! On the last chapter, I could tell she was getting fatigued, and her attention would start to wander... but wow! Improvement! I can also tell that her number sense and math skills are improving. She will talk to us about things like counting by 2's or 5's... or even 4's. Won't be long until we're working on memorizing the multiplication tables. (yep, I'm gonna make her do that, even though she'll use calculators like crazy, I'm sure).

Beyond that, Carl came up with a solution for the wing issue. I'm pretty sure it will work, and we'll put it in trial over the weekend. If we like it, there will be pictures...

No comments: