Tuesday, February 1, 2011

strings of pearls



The photo today is of Roxanne's tunic top. Yes it is sleeveless so she can wear it like a shell, under jackets or sweaters. I've given up on the outfits that include jacket-y pieces. I really like the way they look, but I just get too HOT. Then, I want to take off the jacket, or push up the sleeves, and generally, then the outfit doesn't look as good. Roxanne, however, enjoys them. She also works at the university, and walks outside, and has an occasionally chilly office or lecture hall.

I do want to talk about the fabric for a moment. It is a black background with flowy stripes of beads. It is very organic feeling, and I think the wavey stripes add a lot of interest to it. The camera, on the other hand, didn't like them quite as well, as you can see. I think it would help if I set the camera on a tripod, but I don't have the patience yet.

Anyway, I think it manages to satisfy my idea of something that is formal and serious enough to wear to work while still incorporating an element of fun. I was very happy with how it came out. So, would a couple of long strings of white pearly beads work on this top, or would it be too much? Maybe something in turquoise...

2 comments:

Fran said...

It's beautiful!

I think you'd have to experiment with necklaces. My initial reaction is that it'd be too busy, but what do I know? A fashion maven I am most certainly not.

Try it. Be open to new and unexpected wonder!

Dina said...

lol. That being too busy was what I thought might happen, too. I was thinking that long string of white beads might make your eyes do what the camera was doing... ouch. On the other hand, another color might not, or something that wasn't too "bead-y". And we already know _I'm_ not a fashion maven...