Monday, June 6, 2011

Simply getting rid of stuff

I bet your first thought is, Wow, Dina got some stuff sorted to get rid of. It has been on my list for this summer, and it would be nice, but no... However, I did get some inspiration, and I've picked up some books. You know, 'cause that will help me spend more time working one the stuff that needs to be cleaned out.

Actually, I was reading one of the crafting blogs that I've been looking at, and the blogger mentioned that she was reading a book called, Organized Simplicity. The book takes the reader through some steps for prioritizing things, deciding what to keep and what to get rid of, and live without, and the like. I thought, hmmmm a book like that might help me in my personal philosophy building, to be happier with what I have, not feel like I need to buy more and bigger to feel fulfilled. I'm there in part of my brain, but then other parts say "Ooooo that's a nice house!" or "lets go shopping!" or "Someday, SOMEDAY, I might, just maybe, want THAT." So, being thoughtful about those kinds of things might actually help me stick to something that I know would be good for me. There is appeal in living more simply.

Well, I thought, as I looked that book up on Amazon, I really should check and see what the library has on the subject... those books being free, and all. I found a couple of books there that discuss the various topics. I'm kind of excited to read a little, and see what others do/think/profess. I mean, I don't want to live in a cabin off the grid or anything, but spending less? Yeah, I think I could do that. I hope.

So, anyway, here's to inspiration, and simply doing what needs to be done.

No comments: