Sunday, April 29, 2012

back into the routine

I was bad last week. I got so happy that I had a good A1C report that I didn't ride the bike. At all. Bad me. I knew that I had to get back to it, or I would - once more - face totally starting over on some kind of exercise. Deep breath, and stern looks in the mirror. You. Must. Exercise. Use it or loose it, girlfriend.

All along I've been struggling with what to do while I'm riding. Something besides stare at the clock watching the seconds tick by while I ride. Stretching the time out to infinity. Reading is OK. Movie on my kindle, too long, and the earphones are annoying (yeah I know, wah). TV? Well, besides finding the right thing to watch, and having to put up with all those commercials it would be great. That made me think of our dvd collection, which is pretty good, and trying to find some kind of time length solution. Wait! What's that? How many seasons of MASH are stacked in that stack? WooT! I tried it out tonight, and rode for a little over 20 minutes, which is about right for me right now. No commercials, and I'm sure there are many episodes I just haven't seen in forever.

I may need to supplement with other "half hour" programming, and I'll be on the lookout for it.

Birthday weekend was good, for the most part.

No comments: