Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas spirit


Fran wrote her post the other day on how she just wasn't feeling the holiday spirit this year. Fran, I'm with ya. I don't know what it is, really. We have a kid in the house, who is very excited about Christmas. She came home one afternoon with very important news, "Mama, do you know that Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is on tonight?" Of course we found it and watched it. We've been pulling out our assortment of holiday movies to watch, as well.

There have been many years that I have enjoyed planning for Christmas decorating, and creating some crafts for the season. This year, not so much. Oh, sure, I got fabric for rocking horses, and Roxanne and Tennie and I worked on them like crazy for the past couple of weeks... but usually I'm thinking and planning and creating in August, September, etc.While I was at Roxanne's, Landon pulled out the dragon I crocheted last year. I thought, wow, has it already been a year since I made those? What happened to me this year?

We did decorate this year, finally. The tree is up, and pretty. (picute included) We added a couple of strings of read lights to the white pre-lit stuff, and then pulled out a lot of red and white ornaments (along with whatever struck Raine's fancy of course. She did a lot of the decorating this year, and did a great job of it too. Ron hung lights along the eaves, for the first time in several years, and the house looks festive, now, too.

Raine and I will be traveling this year, for Christmas, and since Ron won't be able to go, I know I'll miss him. Christmas will be kind of spread all over the place this year, some here, some in North Carolina. I'm trying to get psyched up for it, I really am. Maybe once school gets out, and the end of the semester pressure is off, I'll feel more of the spirit. I hope so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful tree! And with Raine around, I suspect your Christmas spirit will bounce in once school is over.

But traveling for the holidays can either be great fun and an adventure, or total suckage. I sincerely hope yours is the former, with lots of laughter along the way!