Sunday, December 6, 2009

new post

So, as you can tell, my imagination has been running wild...ly in the other direction. Ha.

Raine lost another tooth Saturday evening. Not as much trauma this time as the first, so, not as much problem. We couldn't fine her litle tooth box for the tooth fairy, but we found a plastic easter egg, and it worked out just as well. What is it about that gap-toothed smile on a kid that is just cute? Maybe it is - in part - our understanding that it is part of that growing up process, but it still means their kids.

Fran you'll be glad to know that I'm still working on my novel. Most of its going on in my head at the moment... but its forming into something. Something good, and complete - I hope. And something worth reading all of, as well. But its nothing you can look at, yet.

All in all, the weekend was probably more relaxing than it had any right to be. And I relaxed more than I probably should have. I have way too many papers to grade, still. Sigh. My wish is for a good week coming up this week, and for the sanity to persist as the holidays approach.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Congratulations to Raine on the tooth!

And yay about the book. I haven't written anything besides blogs for a long, long time, but I've suddenly -- just this morning -- figured out how to end one of my works, so now I have to just get on it.

It's almost winter break, so you should be relaxed!