Tuesday, December 8, 2009

not reading

I'm not reading enough. You would think - as an English teacher and all - I would read, read read. I LOVE to read. My daughter will even leave me alone long enough to let me read these days. So, what's the hold up? It isn't like my to-read list has gotten any shorter... although I may have kind of mis-placed it.

What is the problem, then? Its a vision issue. Its not a new vision issue, though. I don't think my glasses have suddenly gone south or anything, even though it may be time for a new pair. Its that age-related vision issue, the one that makes you need multiple prescriptions. You know, bifocals, trifocals, etc. and with my eyes, at least one lens is really thick. There seems to be a "sweet spot" where I can actually read easily... IF I can find it and keep it. It isn't a very big spot.

So I've been re-thinking my general glasses policy (one pair). I'm wondering if a near/middle distance pair that I could read or cross stitch with, then watch a little TV with would be possible. Then, perhaps a middle/far distance pair for driving, and general active/outside activities. I'm wondering if having the transition between 2 prescriptions would be more useful and usable that the transition between 3 is.

Any one have any experience with this? Anyone?

No comments: