Thursday, December 10, 2009

starin'

Yep, there's space, all right. I'm staring right at it. Again. Some more.

It's that time of the year when my brain is pretty much fried: the week before finals. OK, I'm going to be giving semester exams, because my students will be returning to me next semester, but still. We all try to hold out to the end, but sometimes, they're done, I'm done, everybody is done. I kinda think that this is one of those years.

It hasn't been an easy semester for me, the learning curve has been high, and the patience required has been off the scale. Still, I'm encouraged that next semester is looking better. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. Although the students will be the same, my co-teacher is changing. I'll take a fresh start of almost any flavor at this point, and run with it. I get the feeling she will too.

For those of you who know her, Alicyn Green-Wall (also known as Mistress Toragana) will be working with me next semester. Yeah, I think it will be good. And yeah, I know, I spelled one - if not two - of her names incorrectly. Sigh.

No comments: