Thursday, December 3, 2009

i wish

I wish I had a great idea for a post this evening. I'm just kinda out of energy and out of ideas. Not complaining, about it, mind you, just am.

I enjoyed reading a bookseller's - used books - blog this morning. He had listed a good many "fail" conversations with people who had asked him questions at his store. Fran, I'm sure you've had a good many of these conversations yourself, or very similar. I take away some amusement, of course, and a sad feeling inside for the people who just. don't. read. I have three classrooms of them this year, and it is something I absorb (because I find it hard to believe on such a basic personal level) a little at a time, and I can help but feel that one limits oneself making that life choice. At any rate, here is the link, if you are interested: http://www.bookmine.com/stupid.php

I mentioned in an earlier post that while in Colorado, the frequency of snow gave me pause. Well, it is snowing again, here. It is rather sleety this time, and was blowing around and not sticking to anything, so I can't imagine it will amount to much, but still, twice in one week is pretty amazing. If I were a skier, I'd be ecstatic, but I'm way too uncoordinated and fat. Still, winter is definitely coming this year.

And, above all, its almost Friday...

No comments: