Wednesday, February 10, 2010

frustrated

I should be able to work this darned technology. I should. But, I can't seem to get it to do what I want. I know it is something like I'm trying to use the wrong menu or something, but all this stuff that is supposed to be intuitive, evidently isn't. At least not for me. Sigh.

So, I downloaded a new book from the library. It took me a couple of tries (sigh) but I got it. Now, I would like to load it onto my Walkman and be able to listen to it on the way to or from work. Drag and drop? no. sync it up? OK. Now can I drop it in? nope. save the list? Thought I did. pushed the button for that. nope. not saved.

I think I'm using the process that would let the computer play what is on the Walkman, but I really want the Walkman to load up what is on the computer. Frustrated? no, not at all (twitch, twitch) why would you ask?

I dislike being frustrated by this process, I'm kind of short on patience just now, in general, and so... grrr. I'll have to get Ron to do it for me, which - while I know he can do it - doesn't help me learn how. He's not patient enough to show me the several times it will take to learn the process. Besides, he'll want to get it done in the afternoon, before I get home, when it is more convenient for him. I can't blame him for that. Maybe I can ask him extra nice, to please save some patience for me.

1 comment:

Fran said...

You have my absolute sympathy! Technology is not my friend. Fortunately, though, it's terrified of Lillian and Ryan, and I'm not above reaping the benefits!