Friday, February 26, 2010

made it

Well, I made it through the week. I bragged about my very challenging class yesterday, because 75% of them are passing at this point (AND with many B's and C's instead of D's) opposed to the 50% (with many D's) at the end of the first semester. Then today, one of the girls - freshmen, mind you - came to class with the news that she was pregnant, and even had her prenatal vitamins from the on campus clinic. A little later, a fight broke out. During class. That girl wanted to start it with another girl, but her "friend" started it instead since she is pregnant. Lovely, right? Sigh.

Most of the other students in the class were rather upset with the events, and I didn't blame them. Many of them wanted to "testify" for one side or the other. I told them to write up their statements, and many of them did. I turned them all in with mine. I'm really glad that I'm not going back tomorrow. A couple of days for all of us to regain our equilibrium will be good.

On a sock front, one of my friends on campus who knits socks looked at the sock I'm working on and reassured me it was going OK. She shared her tried and true pattern for easy socks, as well. I think that I understand the heel turning part now. That was what I was stuck on.

I will try and think happy thoughts this weekend, I'll have to sew a little on my own, since Roxanne isn't feeling well. Rest, I told her, rest! I'm also trying to put together a Star Trek scenario for my gaming group. The stopping point? Which version of what rules should I use? Right now, I'm leaning toward making up my own. (How bad could that be?)

1 comment:

Fran said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the fight! I had one, and it stunk. Stupid stupid stupid.

Of course make up your own rules! Are you the DM? Then you are GOD and the rules are completely up to you!