Monday, February 22, 2010

heel, toe

Well, I'm knitting a sock. That's the theory, at least. I have a book, and I'm following the instructions. What could be easier? I'm used to following patterns, right? Right!

I'm stuck on the heel, you see. Stuck because although I'm following the instructions as I understand them (with the knowledge my understanding could be faulty) I'm not sure that what I have on my needles is really what the pattern is leading to. Hmmmm I've read through. I've counted stitches, and rows, and... Now I'm at the heel turn (?) and getting ready for the gussets.I'm not sure, but even though I already have 4 needles, I feel like I might need another one, and I know that is just wrong.

What I need is someone to show it to. Someone to ask, "Is this right?" Since I have friends at work who also knit, I think I'll take it to work and ask. Even though I know the people I'm going to ask probably won't have read or used the book I'm using. The second sock will be easier. Right?

No comments: