Monday, February 15, 2010

president's day off

It was a good day off. I slept late, and Raine did too. That was a good thing, because she had been up late, worrying a loose tooth. (she still has the tooth, but it's barely hanging on) We ate breakfast at MVK, and shopped at Sam's and when we came home, I hit the kitchen, doing the dishes - there really weren't as many as I thought - and getting some tomato soup made and some dip made. I didn't use the blue cheese, but opted instead for avocado in the cream cheese. If you haven't found them yet, we get these pouches of avocado at Sam's in a three pack. You can freeze them to make them last longer. They are basically smashed avocado, not guacamole, not fillers, just avocado. We consider them a "find." I've seen a single serving version in Wal-mart, which is fine for packing in your lunch, but the three pack is a good size. This dip is going great with the pork rinds, although with a little salsa added, it would be yummy on celery, too.

So, after I was done in the kitchen - smelling all the while the yummy roast Carl had put in the oven for dinner - I got the table out, and spent the later part of the evening cutting, cutting, cutting out clothes. A couple of shirts for Ron, actually. I have another shirt for me I want to get going on, too, but didn't get it done, yet. I got to watch some of the Project Runway marathon, though. A couple of the episodes that I had missed and wanted to see. I was very interested in seeing what they had done with the potato sacks. Wow. I must say. They also had a challenge that entailed sewing for "real" women, and this coming week, for kids. See, now THOSE are the challenges I want to see. I'm not that interested in "sewing for a model" per se, but for people! I am learning from their comments and perspectives, though, and I find it interesting. Did I tell you that I dreamed about doing Project Runway challenges? The main one was being inspired by autumn. I came up with a very cool idea, and I think I will try it out some sewing saturday.

Raine doesn't seem in danger of strep at the moment. She did get to play hours of Spore this afternoon. I hope it doesn't ruin her chances of having a good day in school tomorrow... Sigh. school tomorrow...

No comments: