Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the library

I love libraries. I love books, and I love walking through the stacks, touching a spine here, reading a title there, just roaming for that book that catches my interest. Oh, I go there for specific books too, but there is just something magical about being around all those books.

Our school library seems kind of... paltry. I remember our school library being - well - more. That could be one of those faulty memories, though. Our librarian does a great job, don't get me wrong, and hopefully we'll be getting a new library soon, but, still.

I get out of the habit of going to the library. I'm not sure why. I enjoy books, and I do have quite a collection. It reassures me, I'll always have SOMETHING to read. Still, borrowing books. Reading an author before you buy the whole series... audiobooks. There is just so much there.

Raine and I made it to the library this evening. She had been wanting a cat book, but we got to the area, and a tyrannosaurus book, and a book on matter caught her eye instead. We also found a Magic Treehouse book she hadn't read. Yep, my girl's a reader...

I found out that our library has audio books you can download. I'm blogging here before checking that out online... didn't want to get lost in those stacks and forget to write. I got a book on Couture. Yep, high fashion. Did you see that one coming? (yeah, I was wandering...) Anyway, since I've been thinking more about style and fit and sewing and clothes, and I've even been known to catch an episode or two of Project Runway.... I thought maybe I would look through it. Yeah. It's a good idea. No, I'm not going to copy them, but to see the attention to detail and the details they included. THAT's important to me. Wow.

So, my hope is to get that habit of library started again. We got Raine a library card, so she's set, and happy to go, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know I have books on tailoring and flat patterning, along with costume history and some of the theories on how and why in my library at home. Though I have to say I'm rather fond of draping myself.

Friday I see an ortho doc, but I'll be in town the weekend, I'm trying not to drive so I'm on hubbies schedule. Last weekend was pretty ruff, but I'm doing okay this week.