Wednesday, July 28, 2010

one more summer adventure

While I've been working on getting ready to be ready for school, Raine has a couple more weeks to bask in the freedom of summer vacation. It won't all be lying around bored, bored, bored, though...

Tomorrow, I'm taking her north to Truth or Consequences, where my brother, John, lives. We had his daughter Shelbi for a week, and had a blast. Now, he's invited Raine for a few days. She'll get to go to the lake, and fish, and probably learn (more or less) how to play horse shoes. I suspect she'll have a blast.

Next week, she'll be attending a multicultural arts & crafts camp. It will be for half a day, and she'll be going with her buddy Ezekiel. It sounds like a lot of fun to me, and I think she'll enjoy that one, too. She is very artistic, and likes to make things. What's not to love?

Meanwhile, I'm getting a little sewing done, and yes, I've made progress in the craft room, thanks! The next part is the stacking boxes everywhere but where they are right now part... yeah, messy. But more short term messy than what it has been up to now. I also need some more time in my classroom, and I hope they have the copy machines up and running this week!

No comments: