Monday, March 7, 2011

wild wild west con part one


We have returned from out Steampunk adventures, with photos and stories and loot and imagination (picture Spongebob making a rainbow over his head with that last one there).

We had a good time, met a few people, enjoyed some cool music, got to people watch like crazy, and even survived our few frustrations and disappointments. There is a lot to talk about, so I think I will kind of divide things up a bit and talk about it all this week.

First, I will start with one of the awesome things. The music at the convention was AWESOME! There were several bands participating in the convention, and others that were cool who perform at Old Tucson on a regular basis.

One of the bands that participated with the con is called Steam Powered Giraffe. Three of the band members put on makeup, and are "steam powered automatons" that sing and talk, etc while the fourth is rather the "straight man. I've included a picture of one of their performances. I've also included a link to their website, that you can check out for yourself if you're interested.

Another band was John the Magnificent. They also played several times through the weekend, and I enjoyed their performances as well. I'll have to do a little more research to get you to their website, however.

At any rate, music was one of the high points of the convention.

No comments: