Sunday, November 6, 2011

pepperoni mystery

Before we left for the Ren Faire today, we ate some lunch. I made quesadillas for everyone, and Ron suggested putting pepperoni slices on them. It sounded good to me. Raine, evidently, thought differently. Or something. The conversation went like this:

Me: Raine, do you want a quesadilla with pepperoni?

Raine: What? (this is not a hearing problem...)
Me: Do you want a quesadilla with pepperoni?
Raine: What?
Me: (more slowly) ...Do you want a quesadilla...
Raine: Yes!
Me:... with pepperoni?
Raine: What?
So I made her a quesadilla. Cheese only. No problem. She ate it, and when she was done...
Raine: Can I have another quesadilla? This time with meat.
Me: So you want a quesadilla with pepperoni?
Raine: What?

She got a quesadilla with pepperoni, and ate it, happily. I had to laugh. Evidently, pepperoni on a pizza is fine. Pepperoni on a quesadilla - however - just defies all sense...

No comments: