Sunday, November 13, 2011

upheaval

Ron and I have been working on our relationship, going to see a counselor, learning to talk to and listen to each other better. It has been helpful, and I don't think we would have come as far as we have without the counseling.

We have a plan and a schedule for him to move back in, and he should be back in time for Christmas. I think that will be a good thing, and I'm looking forward to it. Many aspects of the relationship will be easier once he's back in the house.

The sad - for me - part is that it will mean Carl is moving out. Ron and Carl haven't been the friends I had hoped they would be. I think I've turned a blind eye to the stresses between them, because I didn't want to see them. Everyone that _I_ like should like each other, too, and get along, right? I wish.

On the one hand, once the annoyance and upheaval of moving is done, and things settle, I hope that things will be better all around. Carl has applied for some jobs, and I hope one of the good ones will work out for him. I would really like to see that for him.

On the other hand, I'll miss him being here, and getting to have him as such a close part of my daily life. He's a good cook, and it has been so awesome not having to come home and make dinner. He's also made breakfast for me before work most mornings as well. He's been here to talk to. Raine has been lucky to have her Uncle Carl around, too, to show her all the ins and outs of computer games like minecraft, to make her cool stuff out of popsicle sticks, and tease and play with her. All the things that a good Uncle does.

He's not going away forever, or even far, on the grand scale of things. He'll still be around and a part of our lives. It just won't be the same. For good or bad, and I hope for more of the first, it just won't be the same.

No comments: