Thursday, March 15, 2012

japan sushi

Once again, I have to rave about this restaurant. This is the place Ron & I went for our pre-Valentine Valentine's dinner. Yum. Sushi. Well made sushi.

Last night, we went again. We took Raine, and we met some of the people Ron works with there. A table of about 10 all together. This time, we didn't go all out with sushi rolls, but tried to keep a budget. So we ordered a total of 4 rolls (for us - this was a dutch treat get together - we're not crazy... or rich) and a teriaki chicken dinner to share. The dinner was described as a bento box, and it had more than just the chicken. Oh so much more.

There was delicious teriaki chicken, with plump mushrooms and a light sauce with sesame seeds sprinkled on top. I love sesame seeds. Then, there were the three dumplings and the three slices of California roll. There were some mixed vegetables, and several pieces of tempura vegetables and shrimp. Oh, yeah, and don't forget the ball of rice. Raine got the rice, pretty much, and a good bit of the chicken and mushrooms, not to mention her own tuna roll, which she loves. Everything was delicious. Again. MMMMmmmmm.

Then, there was a surprise. The good kind. The server brought the table two complementary rolls. Two. Yeah. Last time Ron & I were there, they treated us to ice cream balls. This time, sushi rolls. How cool is that? I'll tell you what, it is just one more reason to go back there. One more reason to look past the dated and sad looking decor, left over from the days that building was a Bob's Big Boy restaurant. HAI!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Gosh, you've got my mouth watering and its only 8:30am lol. Thought a sushi place was just raw stuff but I guess not....

Vic said...

Oh, I miss sushi. Stupid allergies. next time have a roll for me. :)

Fran said...

Oh my, sushi is something we can have sparingly, more for dietary reasons than financial (it's not as spendy up here), but it sounds like you had a fabulous dinner! Nummy!