Friday, March 23, 2012

spring break travel

We got home today from our trip to Tucson. We had a lovely time visiting our friends there. Their spring break was a couple of weeks ago, so their kids had to go to school, and all, but still we managed to visit, entertain ourselves and have a nice get-away.

The visit was calm and relaxing. We did some shopping, and got some cute black and white fabrics for both Ron & Raine a shirt. There was also a very cute fat quarter bundle that was on sale - so we bought two. I think their fate will be to become tote/shopping bags. Cute ones. With embellishment. We ate some fabulous meals, and tried to go to the zoo, but were thwarted when our hostess did not feel well. Not to worry, she's feeling better, and we all survived and will walk through it another day.

While it was too early and too cool for swimming, we did enjoy their hot tub. Raine got a couple of horseback rides. They have a very kid-friendly horse, and a helpful teenaged daughter.

I think the hardest part was coming home today. The driving. It really isn't that long of a drive, but I was fighting tiredness the whole day. I wasn't the only one. Still, tonight, it will be sleeping in my own bed after showering in my own shower. Ahhhhhh.

Is it strange that as much as I love to travel and go places, I'm always thrilled to be home, with my stuff.

3 comments:

Fran said...

So glad you guys had a great Spring Break! It sounds like fun!

And yeah, there's nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed. Enjoy!

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Its going to be a long haul from NM to NC come July so you better rest up for it lol. Just a little over 3 months.

Dina said...

Yep. This trip went pretty well, and I'm already starting to look forward to this summer, seeing you guys and the ocean and the sights in between.