Friday, March 2, 2012

another weekend, more projects

Its getting so I'm looking forward to my Saturdays with laundry, and some other household projects, and a sewing project to get through as well. My dilemma this weekend is to decide which one.

I only got through one of the precise curves projects, and that was the drunkard's path circle, which I was really happy with. I have fabric for a second one, and I would like to make that, but I would also like to try something different.

Maybe I'll make the orange peel block. It's lovely, but doesn't look easy. Still, I think I'm up for a challenge. If I can find some suitable fabric quickly enough, that may be the deciding factor.

Another possibility is a notebook cover with a pieced flower on it. Some more difficult improv curves, learning to take the seam allowance into account. It's a small project and I think I could easily finish it in the day, around the other activities I have in store.

Honestly, I want to do the scalloped quilt, but I think that is a project for more than one day. Since the scallops are fairly large, and only on one half of the quilt - which is made as a baby sized quilt - it could be do-able over a weekend, but I think I'm going to have to save it for later. Maybe the summer.

Last but not least, there are those fan pieces. I'm feeling much more like I could tackle them now. So, they are kind of calling me. One of the projects for this upcoming, last week of the class is rather fan quilty, but on a larger scale than the pieces I have. Still, I could use them and create mini quilts based on that idea and make something that I could share with my brothers to remind us all of Mom while it decorates a wall somewhere near each of us. So, I think I'll save that one more week. But, it's calling to me, finally.

Of course. Of course, I'll let you know what I decide, and how it turns out...

I'm so glad it's Friday.

No comments: