Thursday, April 8, 2010

back on the list

Yard work. Oh yes it is. Time to start watering, and weeding, and fertilizing. Time to rake, and pick up debris. Time to stack stuff on the curb for the grappler to haul away. (OK, its been time for that for a while... it just keeps moving down on the list...)

This is the time of year that I wish I were more...inspired? nah. motivated? closer. I would love to have a garden, but I'm just not ready. I'm never ready, to tell the truth. OK, remember that staff I've wanted? Yeah, the one I can't afford to pay yet. That's the staff I mean. If I had a staff, I'd have a garden. All the prep work that we need here is just daunting to me. I would like a raised bed, please, so I don't have to get down on my knees, on the ground to work my garden. I don't mind the tilling and the planting, the watering and the weeding, the puttering around or the harvesting. I have to admit, though, that although I come from farmers and gardeners, I'm not much of one... Houseplants have a limited lifespan. Not down to weeks, mostly, but...

Still, yardwork is one of those things that have some intrinsic rewards built in. I like being outside. I like that when you're done, things look better than they did when you started. I rather like that Raine and I work out there together, we both enjoy it. I just have to remind myself of that from time to time.

No comments: