Tuesday, April 20, 2010

writing, blogging, and podcasts?

One of the things I would like to do in connection with Createlivity (do I even spell that the same way all the time? you would think I could, but I'm not sure it happens...), is to do some pod casts. But, i ask myself, what would those podcasts consist of? How long would they be? Who would be interested in participating? In listening?

Well, actually, I think one basic idea would be to get several people online together and talk about crafting. The great thing about online would be that the people involved could be from all over the place, which is handy, because that's pretty much where my friends are. Wonder what the coordination of timing for that would be? hmmmm.... well how about it, ya'll, wanna podcast with me? Webcast? What? When? Anyone?

Next, I really have something for Fran, who gifted me with a cool prize from her blog contest of extremely short fiction. Fran. I know that you review books, but I think you should widen your scope for your reviews. You rock, and I looked at the cover of a book last night, reading the excerpts of the reviews on it, and it hit me, YOUR name could be there one day. Work on it for me, will ya? Heck you could blog your book reviews... and get them into online magazines, and etc... and.... and... I'll stop now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um. . .actually. . .my reviews have been used in the past. The shop has a weekly ezine and I review on it frequently. Possibly too frequently, actually. In any case, some of those have been snagged, as I recall.

I think you'll like Caitlin's book. It's the first in her second series, and it's dark and twisty, and while I had a small problem getting into it (having really enjoyed her other series which is lighter in tone), it's now one of my favorites.

Can't help you with the pod thingie though except to ask if it's something you could Skype into a podcast. But I have no idea.