Saturday, April 3, 2010

wedding dress

Roxanne and I sewed today. Well, I sewed and she and her mom worked on getting the bead points set on the skirt. Candice was there, standing in the skirt while they worked, trying very hard to be patient. There were two small boys there, working very hard to amuse themselves, and mostly succeeding. There was chaos, but... hey, its life.

I got the bodice... um corset... hmmm top of the dress sewed back together. The first time I had sewn in a couple of the pieces upside down. Not good. It was too big still, but I could and did deal with that, and the boning, and the hem. Now all it needs is grommets and lacing. The skirt needs the beads sewn on. I wish I could show a picture but of course I didn't take my camera. DOH! Still Candice got some on her camera, and I'll probably ask her to send me one or two.

Roxanne was very busy sewing over spring break, and got several things made. Our working together has re-honed her skills as a seamstress, and the top and dress with jacket she made were really, really nice. She modeled them for us. She still wants some embroidery on the top, so I'll think about what to do about that. The embroidery machine is a little limited in it's repertoire but maybe we can figure something out that would please her. I hope to get to some more sewing this weekend, too...we'll see...

No comments: