Sunday, May 2, 2010

anticipa......tion

Today was a lovely day. The weather seems to be turning a bit stormy at this point, but sunny with a cool breeze was the score for most of the day. The regular chores went along regularly, and my bit of spring cleaning for the day was included when I washed the lids for all the pots and pans which were dusty from sitting on an open shelf in the kitchen. Of course the ones we don't use often were the dusty ones, but still, a little clean up and organization felt good. Even when I cut off part of my fingernail and a little skin trying to cut bread, it didn't ruin the day. (of course it isn't a bad cut, so...) Heck I even wrote checks for the bills with no big emotional turmoil. Of course that turmoil is always less when there is enough money in the account to write the checks on and not have to juggle them.

So, what is the anticipation? Well, I have plans for this summer, and its quickly approaching. Organizing the craft room is first and foremost on the list. For a while now, I've been content that I could reach my sewing supplies and had a place to set up the sewing machines while the rest of the room served as storage. I've tackled a box or two here and there, and made a little progress, but then something would happen, and more boxes would appear, and mostly stuff has gotten pushed here and there and not really put away. Its hard to have everything in its place when there isn't a place for everything. I've been enjoying the shared creative time with Roxanne, and I have some very creative people living in this very house that I would like to share creative time with too. That was really the intended function for that room, not storage.

Anyway, I have my plan. Sorting, cleaning, purging, putting away. Creating functionality so that creativity can thrive. Now, I just have to wait for it with happy anticipation.

No comments: