Saturday, May 1, 2010

realization

I actually have two, I guess. One that I went this whole week without blogging. Sigh. I didn't even realize. In my sad defense, we are coming down to the last weeks of school, and that is pretty much what is on my mind. I've probably said what I need to about it, and more than anyone might want to read about it. I'll try to be better about writing. Its good for me, but I'll try to figure out other things (than school) to write about. Like I have today.

Today I went to Roxanne's for sewing, and we altered a couple of tops of hers, putting in some darts for shaping in a T-shirt (wow what a change it made) and in another top. Since she's lost some weight, the tops were too loose and baggy for her to wear to work, and now they are not. I have a top in the making (cut out but not sewn together) that has shaping darts that I really want to try out. That reinforced my thoughts on that top as well.

When I got to Roxanne's, though, I breathed a deep sigh of relief. I had been looking forward to sewing all week. Now, that wasn't the realization, but it surely lead to it. Part of my joy in sewing and creating has definitely been that it has been a shared activity. When I voiced my thought, Roxanne mentioned that she wasn't nearly as excited to sit down with the sewing machine alone, as she was when I was there, too. The creativity and the work are both shared, and I think I took one more step towards defining creatlivity for myself. Did I post this to the wrong blog? No, I don't think so, but I think it will probably inspire an entry for that blog as well. I certainly think that shared experience of creating, bouncing ideas off another person or several can be inspiring for all involved. Now, I'm more determined to create that shared and sharing space online, as well as IRL (in real life, in case you don't know).

No comments: