Friday, May 28, 2010

it's friday?

Strange how the days all seem to be Saturday, once its summer.

So a little self reflection on the day, and my first week of summer. First day to sleep late? Today. Had to get Raine up and to school through Wednesday, and even though she was sleeping over Wednesday night at Ezekiel's, could I sleep late? NO! Today was it. She slept pretty late, too. I think she had a good time.

Next on my list is doing a little more exercise, but I'm not much for reps or gyms, so that means walking more (haven't gotten to that yet) or swimming, or the perennial yard work. Of course I haven't gotten to anything profound yet, but we do have plenty of weeds to pull, and I've chored Raine with pulling 100 with me each day. We've started in the front, and we'll work our way to the back. I'd sit and pull more like I used to, but I can't get up after like I used to... Time to get out the rake tomorrow.

I did some test stitches for embellishment for one of the tops I want to make. I'm going to let them sit, and then make some final decisions tomorrow and get started on it. I sorted out the cut-out stuff according to color of thread needed to sew it, more or less, and Roxanne and I will get to start on some this weekend. (WOOT!) My goal for next week is to start on that craft room. OK, actually, before the craft room actually comes the storage room, which I just haven't been able to make myself start on yet. I will though. I promise myself.

I got started on my lesson planning for next school year. The state standards and benchmarks changed somewhat, so I needed to update. I'm also trying to create a centers based classroom for next year, and need to figure out what will go when, etc. I have good ideas, but when don't I? Now, if I can just follow them through, and get the kids to do the same...

Finally, I got my car back from the shop again today. They ended up putting a different, different transmission in it. Now the warranty is good from today instead of last week. I certainly hope this transmission is better than the last one. Two.

So, while I won't claim that I have been overly productive all week, I've managed to have a good day today, and feel like I've accomplished some work, and even finished the book I was reading.

No comments: