Thursday, May 5, 2011


First, let me say that the end of the school year is coming up in three short weeks. The pressure is on - in more ways than one - and it is not my best time to be creative or even creatively communicative. Just sayin. So when the week goes by with only one blog entry, or maybe two, its because the focus on the end of the year is pretty... well... focused.

That being said, now that I have made the amigurumi that I wanted to, or at least most of them, I'm experimenting a little. Trying different sized threads and hooks. Different types of yarn. I wanted to see if I could make something smaller, or smoother, or softer. I wanted to see if a different kind of yarn makes a significant difference in the end product. For instance, one of the crobots I made was made from a soft, rather smooth, cotton yarn. It looks good, and it feels good, but I'm not sure that it feels so. much. better. than the others. Dev made her zombie bot from that yarn, too, and I would like to compare it to the one I made out of the regular acrylic stuff.

Here is a picture of the first two crobots I made both of them are done with acrylic. The little green one looks nice, is soft, and all - although I'm pretty disappointed with my picture taking on this little crobot. I'm just not sure the difference is worth the difference in prince of the yarn. Not easy to tell from the pictures either, I'm sure. Sigh.

Most of the experimentation will be with yarn on hand, and I'll be sharing some more of it as the pieces get finished, and time - and mentality - allow.