Thursday, May 19, 2011

not my best day

Can we just be done now? Please? I took my classes to one of the computer labs on campus, so that we could do a short cycle assessment. Yeah. So, one of the students was not attending to what he should have been, and broke the window in the lab. Yeah. Just like that. Of course that was not his intention, but just the confluence of timing, force and luck... He cut his hand in a few places, and the window made quite a mess of glass inside the room and out. Since it was done on my "watch" so to speak, I feel somewhat responsible. Not that I could have known he was going to jump up and smack the window with his hand, but still.

Tomorrow is half day, and then graduation. Next week is finals. Come on, I can do it, I can do it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He jumped up and hit the window and broke it? He's an idiot. But he's a damaged idiot on your watch, so yeah, I understand the feelings of frustration. No one with half a brain cell will blame you though, believe me.

It's almost over. Be brave, be strong, enjoy the weekend.

Dina said...

Well. there's blame.... and then there's blame. One of the comments that was made on my evaluation was about classroom management, so that may be ammunition for that. Of course I also seem to get assigned the students "most likely to..." so, there's the rub. I even mentioned it. I'm given students who are unmanageable, and then I look bad because of it. (The guy that runs intervention commented on the "quality" of some of my students, even.) So...