Tuesday, May 24, 2011

slacking & lacking

I know. It's been a couple of days here. No excuses, really, either. Just... yeah, the end of school. I have one more day of tests, and then it's getting them into the gradebook, and into the computer, turning things in and checking out. The checking out will be on Thursday. So will the cleaning up. Well, I've been doing a little bit of that here and there, I will admit. Not as much as I'd like, yet, though. I just wish I knew which classroom I was going to be in. That is - however - going to have to wait until things are settled. I hope it will be soon. Sigh.

Did I mention I'll be throwing stuff OUT? Yes, I feel the need to shed some baggage. At school, and at home. There will be a theme, here, yes there will. I'm tired of boxes stacked around. Tired, I tell you! Tired. Those and the cobwebs and the dust bunnies just have to go. I don't get into the spring cleaning, there's just no percentage in it here. You have to wait until the spring winds stop blowing the dust all over your house.

Well, back to grading essays, and then to sleep. Come on summer vacation!

2 comments:

Fran said...

What is this "summer" of which you speak? We have a fire going and blankets out. It's pouring and the high is in the mid-50's.

Congratulations on another year down!

Dina said...

We are about 110 days without precipitation. Temps are supposed to hit the 90's this weekend. There's already been one fire in the Organs, and another near Ruidoso. They've closed forests all over the state. It is going to be a long, hot, dry summer, and no doubt about it.