Saturday, May 14, 2011

what a nice surprise

I did get to some grading today. I have more waiting for me, of course, but there is a definite dent in the pile.

I made it to the birthday party, which was nice, and to the farmer's market, too. I got some lovely greens, some herbs (do they count in the greens if they are green, too?) and some tomatoes. Looking forward to one of those in the morning. As I walked into the market, not very far in, I heard someone call my name. Sure enough, someone I know! Someone I hadn't seen in a very long time, and had rather lost track of. We hugged each other and walked up and down the farmer's market together, catching up a little bit. We exchanged phone numbers, and I hope that we can reconnect a little. She is doing creative things right now, has remarried, looked fabulous and happy. What a great way to find a long lost friend!

No comments: