Friday, May 27, 2011

summer list



One of the things on my to-do list for the summer is to spend time with my niece, Shelbi. She lives a couple of hours away from us, and we don't get to see her or her dad as much as we probably should. She's spent about a week with us each summer, though, for several years, and she and Raine have a blast. We have a good time all around.

When Raine and I were putting together some summer plans and activities, Shelbi's name definitely came up, but it was a wait and see what happens when. Well, neither of us had to wait very long!

While I was working in my classroom, yesterday, Shelbi called. Since I don't get good reception in my class, I had to wait until a little later to talk to her. (do I really need to include that? probably not, even if it is what really happened...) When I did get to talk to her, about the second question she asked was "Am I going to get to come visit you this summer?"

I responded with, "Do you WANT to come visit us this summer?"

"YES!"

"When would you like to come?" I asked her.

"I still have school tomorrow, so how about Saturday?"

I was thrilled that she wanted to come... wanted it enough to want to come sooner rather than later, even. So, I talked to my brother, John, and we arranged it. Ron and Raine and I will be heading over to pick her up tomorrow! Excellent way to start the summer!

No comments: