Saturday, March 13, 2010

the last installment

I finished running the Star Trek role playing game this evening. After I got home last week, I wondered why the heck I had not just ended it last week. I did finally come up with a last adventure for them to have. Then the rescue came, and all was once again well with the universe of Star Trek.

I'm glad I did it, but Carl, Ron and Phil are all so much better at it than I am. Still, as much as they take turns, sometimes there's a gap. I feel good that I got us through one of those...

I went to Roxanne's today, and we worked on the wedding dress some more. We got the layers of the skirt sewn together, and they are hanging tonight. Over spring break, Roxanne will get them on the waistband and put the zipper in (maybe not in that order). We put them together to see what it would look like, and it was quite pretty.

The bodice news was not so good. Dev, we needed you last week, when we sewed the side pieces in upside down. That meant that when Candice tried it on, it top part was way too big, and the bottom edge did not meet. We have extra fabric from each of the layers, so if worst comes to worst, we can build the sides and back again, while we save the beaded front. Roxanne said she would see what she could do about taking it apart, though. So, those howls of "Noooo!" and "Why???" you heard this afternoon were from our way...

No comments: