Wednesday, March 3, 2010

wednesday already?

Where have _I_ been? Where are the posts that were supposed to be here? Wait, what do you mean, I didn't write them. Oh. Right. That.

Where did the time go? OK, so I'm fighting a cold, with a low grade fever, but I'm not feeling THAT bad. Maybe just enough, though. I know last night I was grading papers. Of course I still have more to grade. Always. Don't know what happened on Monday, though. Just gone...

Ron has been suffering from a lower respiratory infection, and managed to pass it along to me. He went to the Dr on Monday, and got antibiotics. I went today, but fortunately my infection isn't as severe as Ron's. I check because I don't always feel a sore throat when it can be a bad infection, and my voice has been iffy all week. The Dr. suggested Zicam and more vitamin C. I can do that, and I'm glad it isn't worse.

Have I mentioned my fourth period class? Well, they are one of those "special" groups of students. They have been a challenge behaviorally and student skills as well as academic ones. I've looked for help, and mostly gotten at least some degree of support. The class as a whole has made progress, but they still have a long way to go. I think I mentioned the fight that occurred last Friday... So anyway, leaving school at the beginning of fourth so I could get to the Dr's appointment, I stayed long enough to take roll, and fill in the sub. Before I left, one of the assistant principals checked in on the class. The sub was offered the opportunity to have a second sub in the class to help out. Finally, a security guard came in with the school's Language Process Trainer (who often stops in, and is one of the people who has been helping me with the class off and on). Wow... what did they think was going to happen when I left? because I left? As poorly as the class behaves as a whole, the students one on one are likeable enough kids.

I've been working on my sock. The one with the heel. It took me a little to realize that I'd done the heel right, so I took it to school, but now, I'm working my way along the foot of the sock, and it seems to be going pretty smoothly now. I didn't make a long ankle part, so this sock is smaller over all then the first pair I made, and except for the doubt and inexperience, seems to be moving along pretty quickly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good heavens, that's an impressive group of people to look after one class!

I do hope you and Ron both feel better very soon!