Saturday, March 6, 2010

shocked again

I was surprised when it was Wednesday and I hadn't blogged before then, and yet, here it is SATURDAY and, well.... the days, where do they go?

I reffed Star Trek again tonight, and I think it went more smoothly. Its still not perfect, as its kind of unbalanced. I mean a couple of the players are doing more than the others. I'm not sure how to totally prevent that. hmmmm It is so episode dependent, and part of the experience I'm lacking, really. It was still better than before. I have about 1 to 2 more installments, I think, before I'm done, and I'm sure others will be glad I'm done too.

We'll miss a couple of weeks because we're traveling for spring break. I've been pretty lax in keeping up with my mom's family in Houston. I feel bad about it, but they haven't been breaking down my door or heating up my phone lines either. I'm not trying to say anything bad about any of us, but that the day to day gets in the way of the best intentions. I chatted with my cousin's wife for a few minutes this afternoon, and got in on some family news. One of the good things about facebook is that they are there to do that, and just say HI and all. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing whomever will take the time to come see us while we're in town.

You would think with all this technology we have that keeping up with family members would be easier than it ever was. It can be, that's true, but still the lines have to be in place on both sides, and that just isn't always the case. I feel bad for loosing touch with my aunt and my cousins, who live a good ways away. Then I think about how I don't always keep in touch with my own brother, who lives about an hour away. So, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about the more physically distant cousins who I never did have the habit of speaking to regularly anyway.

So, on my to-do list... Don't just let the family slip away. Keep in touch. Visit occasionally. Those ties are good ones, at least in my case. I know some people and their toxic family relationships, and that is just not the case here, but more like mundane life just takes over...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have so lost touch with most of my family, it's really kind of sad. So I think this is a great thing to put on your "To Do" list!