Monday, December 27, 2010

new year's resolutions

Are you thinking about them? Are you? The new year is less than a week away, now. I have been thinking of mine. It is nothing new, believe me. Be healthier. That's mine. Simple. Important. I'm sure it sounds familiar, even.

Here are some of the things that I'm going to do to be healthier:

Swim. The new city pool (I think I mentioned taking Raine there) does have a couple of lap lanes, and they are open in the evening. I'll get a 30 punch card, and get there 2-3 times a week, and it should last me about 10 weeks, which will put us near spring. If I go now, while the pool isn't too crowded, it will already be a familiar thing when it is more crowded. At least that is my theory. Raine's enthusiasm for going will also help out some.

Food diary/blood sugar diary. I know, I know, I should already. be. doing. this. It's accountability, which I resist. I also know I need to be serious about it, so I must bite the bullet, and get real with myself and just. do. it.

Here's the part that really makes it more real to me. I'm not waiting until New Year's to start. tomorrow. Yep. The house is returning to more of a normal state, instead of a festive one. I think its a good time to do it, whether it be New Year or not. Here's to health.

No comments: