Wednesday, December 1, 2010

hiccup

So I got the latest version of the game Civilization this week. One of my favorite games from the days I played it on my Amiga. Strange though, my computer did not want to load it. I tried and gave up quickly since it was almost 11 PM. Next Carl tried (it is very nice having truly technical people in the house when it comes to dealing with computers), but he had the same problem. Then it was Ron's turn.

Evidently I had gotten a virus that had corrupted some needed files, and they weren't going to be fixable. New hard drive time. I got one and Ron worked on installing it for me in the quiet hours of the night last night, while I slept off the chills I got from having a sinus infection. (worst case of the chills I've ever had. Yes, I did get antibiotics today)

You would think a 2 Terabyte hard drive wouldn't slow a computer down, would you? But it has. Games like World of Warcraft are much more frustrating than fun in that state. Ron is going to work on it again tonight. He's on the night shift this month, and likes to keep his sleep as regular as possible.

Are you asking? Of COURSE I forgot to save my bookmarks and favorites. SIGH.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I am SO sorry to hear about your computer wonkiness! But I am glad to know it isn't just me who doesn't save the important stuff!