Monday, November 29, 2010

back into the grove

Or at least the routine.

It was difficult to go back to work today. I did get to play the sympathetic part to Raine, though, who also would have gladly stayed home again. I'm sure it was good for both of us to face up to it, and step into the routine again, for about three more weeks. Yep, that's it for the semester.

So the leaves fell off the trees Friday, then Sunday - and today - the wind blew and blew. So now, even without all that strenuous raking, they are mostly gone from my yard. How convenient. It was strange (although why it should have been, I dunno) to see that the pecan trees throughout the valley were pretty bare, too. Still sometimes they seem to hold on to their leaves a little longer. I think it was the wind, there, too.

Now, if I can just ease my way through this sinus infection as a viral one, that will get better with repeated use of the neti pot, instead of having to take off to get antibiotics.

No comments: