Friday, November 26, 2010

leftovers

Some of the goodness of this holiday is eating the leftover turkey and dressing and... well, you get the idea.

So, it's Friday now, and the weekend nears, then back to work on Monday. I've had a wonderful week of vacation, and if the table isn't totally cleared off and around, it is very close to being at least cleared off. Yeah, there are some boxes back in that corner that I could go through, and the good news is probably that most of it can be thrown away or donated somewhere. Except for the cord to the griddle. I hope that is in there. Somewhere.

I didn't get as much sewing done this week as I had hoped, but somehow sitting down to about a dozen button holes seemed... procrastinatable. Is that even a word? Well, I'm sure you get the gist of it. I did get to Joann's today. braved the crowds and the lines there and got some patterns and some fabric. Some for Christmas gifts, and then Carl wanted to make a few grossing guard Santa hats again this year. It's something he came up with a few years ago, and made one for himself, and some to share with the teachers who help with traffic after school. Bright orange Santa hats for the holiday season. He got requests this year, even.

I did get that new blog started, which means I got some writing done this week, too. I'm pretty pleased with that. I'm sure I won't get a page each day done, but if I can get at least 5 up per week, I think that would be doing pretty well, actually. I may soon be sorry I didn't start with a short story, though. We'll see.

The new Harry Potter movie is, of course, out. We braved the theater this evening, and it wasn't anywhere near as crowded as I thought it would be. Two and a half hours long, is pretty long, but I enjoyed it. Won't go much more than that, because I don't want to enter spoiler territory, but the actors have grown up in their abilities as well as their ages.

No comments: