Monday, November 8, 2010

trying to be... inspired

Fran's contest has inspired me a couple of times, but I don't want to be the only, or even necessarily the main respondent. I want to see where others will take the story, too. I can hardly hold my fingers back from typing, though. Its like a fun conversation, but without some of the constraints of conversation. But I don't want to monopolize the whole thing with my point of view.

What else is inspiring me? I don't want to talk about how frustrated I am with my students right now, and how I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall with them. ARGH! I would much rather be inspired to create. To encourage the inspiration of others to create as well.

Is there such a thing as artisan advocacy? That has been my recent line of wondering, thinking of ways to update the idea of a county/state fair. Thinking about why the competitions are all but empty, in this day of DIY and crafting shows. Do people just watch on TV and make things vicariously? I don't really think so. Did you know you could compete (at least in NM) if you were a professional artist? I didn't, but you can. Would that be something you could bring to your etsy shop? Would you check out the etsy shop of someone who's wares you saw displayed at the fair? Would you go to the fair if you knew that talented artisans were displaying their wares, and selling them as well as competing? So many questions....

No comments: